Saturday, October 20, 2012

An introduction

Hello, I am a person who dearly loves to work with her hands. I embroider, knit, crochet, dye, spin. and sew. Especially sew.

The name of this blog comes from the name I use in the Society for Creative Anachronisms. I used to belong in college and adored it. Then graduate school demanded great quantities of my time and I had to quit. I am now at a place where I can participate again and to mark this new beginning, I chose a new persona. My previous one was Irish of dubious occupation, named Mira.

Now I am Zanobia Firavanti, living in Florence circa 1490. I'm a widow who is running her late husband's wool business.

Here in this blog you will see my musings, research and creations as they come forth. They will not always be Italian Renaissance, as I adore making things of many periods. I also cosplay. My primary lament is that I have very few occasions to wear my creations, so I don't make as much as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment