Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Big Step Forward


Huzzah! I've completed a major piece of my outfit.

I already explained in a previous post about the construction of the gamurra bodice. All I have to add is that it now fastens up the sides with brass colored lacing rings and homemade yellow lucet cord.


I also hit a snag when I was attaching the skirt to the bodice back. Though it wasn't yet taking much weight, the seam where the bodice was pieced started to come apart. The most sensible remedy in my mind was to reinforce the seams with a whipstitched line of heavy duty thread. It's not the prettiest, but it does the job and it will be covered by the overgown.

The skirt back was gathered with 3cm deep cartridge pleats. Meanwhile, the front is mostly flat with the edges drawn up in shallow cartridge pleats.






No comments:

Post a Comment