Friday, May 24, 2013

The Super Handy Lucet

With a gown that laces up the sides, I need some strong cord. In the name of attempting period methods, I'm making lucet cord. Back in college, a dear friend of mine took it up after seeing some people in the SCA trying it. I wanted to follow the leader, but a brief online search for lucets revealed prices I found painful.

Fast forward to about a year and a half ago, and I saw an article (I don't remember where) on lucets and lucet cord, and how to make your own tool for cheap. So I cut out three layers of cardboard in the proper shape and glued the together. Due to the way I tug on the string, the thing puckered fast and didn't last long. Hence, I went to the alternate cheap way to make cord detailed in that article. With this tool, I can take in anywhere, I get great control, and the tool is an awesome multitasker.

No comments:

Post a Comment